Back to Index
download printable version (MS Word .doc)
- I want to see you work out things with Betty and things get better.
- Will you give me the opportunity to help you?
- I'm only here to help you. I'm concerned about you and want to be sure you are okay.
- I'll do everything I can to get you and Betty to work things out. Give me the opportunity.
- It's getting late, kids are tired, you're tired, I'm tired.
- If you're serious about making your marriage work, that is what you need to do. (come out)
- Are you willing to work with me on that? If I give you my word?
- I can't do that right now. They won't let me.
- The problem is that you can't make things work from inside that truck.
- You've had problems in the past and you've always managed to work them out.
- Will you come out for me?
- Let's start to work this out.
- I can't hear you, Steven.
- I want to help you, but I can only do it when I know you are safe.
- This is what I want you to do, throw out the gun and come out.
- I know you want to do the right thing and that's the right thing to do. (throw gun out and come out)
- I give you my word I will let you hear her voice if you come out.
- You're doing the right thing by wanting to talk to someone and work things out.
Steven came out at 0609.
Why did this work?
Most observers know that it did not work:
- Because all went perfectly;
- Because the methods that were used were somehow scientific;
- Because of "magic;" or
- Because of super-human skills.
Back to Index
Copyright © 2006, James L. Greenstone
Copyright © 2006, The Negotiator Magazine